Most Americans have heard of carbon monoxide, but many still aren’t sure exactly where it comes from or what problems it can cause. If that’s the case for you, the team at C. Lee Services offers the following facts on carbon monoxide and how it relates to our professional plumbing services in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
Carbon monoxide is a product of combustion and is generally associated with gas heaters and other gas appliances that are in need of plumbing repairs in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. Small amounts of carbon monoxide are usually present in random indoor and outdoor air samples, but significant levels of this difficult-to-detect substance can cause severe adverse health reactions.
What Makes Carbon Monoxide Dangerous
Carbon monoxide bonds to blood cells in place of oxygen, and this causes people who are exposed to suffer from oxygen deprivation. Every home and business needs a carbon monoxide detector, and a call should be placed for emergency plumbing in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, at the first sign of carbon monoxide build-up.
Health Effects of Carbon Monoxide Exposure
Short-term exposure to carbon monoxide can cause headaches, mild confusion, or a feeling of brain fog. These symptoms usually subside once the person starts to breathe fresh air again. Exposure to higher levels or for an extended period of time can lead to nausea, severe lung and tissue damage, unconsciousness, or even death. These problems make it important to have regular carbon monoxide inspections performed by a licensed plumber in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
Contact Us Today for More Information
The team at C. Lee Services is standing by to help you whenever you need a reputable plumbing company in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. Call us or fill out the form on this website to schedule an appointment for carbon monoxide monitoring or any other service that we provide right away.