Keeping your home’s plumbing running smoothly takes more than the occasional drain cleaner. Even with routine plumbing maintenance, it’s possible to develop a sewer backup. Don’t let Akron, OH clogged sewers wreak havoc on your home. The job of repairing sewer issues could fall on the home or business owner, so it’s good to be aware of what can cause a sewer backup and the best way to get your plumbing running smoothly again.
Sewer Backup Akron Ohio
Homeowners in Akron and surrounding communities are responsible for the pipeline between the city sewer main and their home or business building. If a lateral that extends off the city’s sewage system deteriorates or is penetrated by invasive tree roots, it’s up to the property owner to make necessary repairs.
Causes Of Sewer Backups
At C. Lee Service LLC, we understand that sewer backups can be caused by a number of things. Backups can call for costly repairs and inhibit water and waste from flowing properly. Some of the most common cause of sewer backups include:
- Aging pipes: New homes continue to be built and attached to the aging systems, causing them to work even harder. When the systems can’t keep up, sewage seeps through home drains, manhole covers, and city street drains.
- Inappropriate waste: When grease is poured down the drain or foreign objects flushed down the toilet, build up along the pipes increases. Use your sink, shower, and toilets in the way they were intended.
- Married pipelines: Many cities have sewer systems that combine storm water and raw sewage piping. During heavy rain events, the systems are flooded, sending sewage into low lying areas and drains. Tree root invasion: Mature trees have complex root systems. Those roots can penetrate through the underground sewer pipes, creating blockages. The repair cost will fall on the tree owner.
In order to determine the cause and severity of your sewer backup, call a licensed Akron plumber to perform a camera inspection.
Detect Sewer Backup
The C. Lee Services team will perform a thorough camera inspection to determine the exact location of the sewer backup, what caused the problem, and offer the best solution for your problem.
The sewer camera inspection is performed with a high definition water resistant camera that’s attached to a flexible cable. Our technicians will clearly see any debris or tree roots that are causing the backup. Once the problem has been located, the C. Lee Services team will make the necessary repairs. Possible solutions include:
- Snaking: A plumbing auger allows the technician to grab and remove a specific clog.
- Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting is a chemical-free method used the clear debris, buildup and tree roots from pipes. Water is forced through the pipes at around 4000 PSI, washing away any clog.
- Pipe lining: Pipe lining may be needed if the sewer backup has caused a crack in the pipe, as with tree root invasion. Technicians inject a liner saturated with epoxy resin into the pipe. The liner is inflated and the expansion allows the resin to coat the inside of the pipe, filling cracks and leaks while masking any corrosion.
At C. Lee Services LLC, we offer a variety of sewer backup solutions. Our team will make repairs to ensure your plumbing continues to run smoothly. For questions about your sewer line or to request an estimate, contact C. Lee Services today.